WINDOW PURCHASING GUIDE
Our expert team are here to help you make an informed decision, ensuring you choose the perfect replacement windows for your property.
5 Simple steps to purchasing with Woodfield Windows
1. Free no obligation quote.
- From the first point of contact we work to understand precisely what is is you are looking for – ensuring your quotation is bespoke to your project.
- Our knowledgeable team are on hand to provide you with all the information you need to make a well informed decision.
- Once you are happy and have agreed in principle with the scope of works, we can then draw up your contract.
2. Contract, deposit and survey.
- The contract will be written and will cover the extent of the works, and all specifications of your job.
- Once you have paid the deposit, we arrange for our in-house surveyor to visit the property to take precise measurements for the bespoke manufacture of your replacements.
3. Manufacture and Installation
- We work with you to arrange the most suitable installation date.
- Our dedicated in-house fitters are reliable, friendly and most importantly – adhere to the latest in FENSA regulations.
- We have built our reputation on our outstanding workmanship, with every installation carried out and finished to highest standard.
4. Balance payment and your insurance backed guarantee
- Upon completion of the installation, we take the balance payment for the works.
- Your contract acts as your 10 year guarantee.
5. Peace of mind with our after sales care and repair service.
- In a perfect world, there would be no call backs to our finished jobs but this is not always the case!
- However, should any minor problems arise, you can contact us to swiftly attend to fix the problem – with our after sales and window doctor repair service.
Over 30 Years in the Industry.
Safety & Security
Included High-security locking systems.
Bespoke to you
10 Year Fully comprehensive warranty.
Choosing the right style of windows
The overall image and appearance of a property can be transformed with careful selection. Windows come in a variety of styles, shapes and configurations. Choosing the right one for your property will depend on a few key factors:
- It can be worthwhile to consider your street as a whole. Looking at your neighbours window styles can give you a good indication of what might look good for your property.
- Depending on the area, some residential streets will have a similar style of property that will lend itself to a certain style of window. For example, properties in Ealing and other central London boroughs predominantly feature box sash windows. These windows fit nicely within high reaching and spacious openings.
- Whereas more suburban residential areas will often feature casement windows, where the best configuration will often depend on the size of your window openings.
- Additionally, the choice of glazing style can completely change the overall character of a property. Traditional square Georgian lead, diamond leadwork, coloured Georgian bars or simply clear glass are just some examples of glazing choices that can transform the windows style.
Double Glazed Windows - the essential information.
Double glazing is an essential for modern housing, providing the latest in security and energy performance for the property.
How does double glazing work?
A combination of modern window engineering and A-rated energy glass, works by reflecting thermal energy back inside the property.
Click here to find out more on how double glazing works for your property.
Does this add value to my property?
Modern double glazing definitely adds value to the property. The published energy rating can be significantly improved and the overall appearance uplifted, to further increase your property’s value.
Whether you are upgrading from single glazing or replacing old double glazed frames, this expenditure can be seen as an investment into your property. With improved thermal efficiency helping to reduce heating bills and the peace of mind from knowing that your property is highly secure.
How much does it cost to replace my windows?
The cost to replace your windows is dependent on a variety of factors:
- How many windows are being replaced, with a greater economy being achieved with larger jobs.
- The material of the window system, aluminium and other metal frames cost more than uPVC.
- The type of window chosen, from casement and tilt and turn to box sash – the cost can vary dramatically.
- The configuration of your windows, such as how many opening windows required and type of glazing specifications.
This can all be a lot to take in, so please feel free to contact our team who can help you adjust your replacement window project to fit your budget.
Why choose Woodfield?
Choosing Woodfield Window’s starts a collaborative process – one in which we strive to exceed your expectations! Our no-pressure sales team can discuss your choice of glass, frame colour and window layout.
Don’t worry if this may start to sound overwhelming, our team are knowledgeable and can advise you if you are unsure.
To get more information or to receive your no obligation quotation – contact our team today on 01895 622207.